Thursday, October 15, 2009

There's a Time Machine in Louisiana.


I find this hard to believe.  This sounds something like out of 1939.  A Louisiana Justice of the Peace has denied a marriage license to an interracial couple.  I like to attach pictures of people who are the subject of my rants but I just cant find one of Justice Keith Bardwell. So this one  of a neanderthalian from the Encyclopedia Brittanica will have to do until I find one of this man who claims to treat everyone equally. I love his comment about him not being a racist, he just doesn't believe in mixing the races that way.  I wonder what he would have done had this couple promised him not to make babies.  You can read the AP news story here
Mr. Bardwell is more than just a neanderthal, he is an endangered species...all by himself.  Apparently he doesn't believe in the principal of equal justice under the law. I wonder what Governor Jindal will say.  Especially since our biracial President saved his bacon today in New Orleans.
  UPDATE:
 Finally I have located a picture that may be Keith Bardwell.  This is the picture that accompanies an article  on this whole sordid affair. You can read the Inquisitr article here  Here is the picture that accompanies the article. I wonder which of these gentlemen pictured here is Mr. Bardwell.  One could not have asked for a better picture to display on a rant like mine.  I am not entirely convinced that this (or one of these) is actually Mr. Bardwell but we can hope.  Hope we can believe in!
NEW UPDATE:
Finally CNN.com has done something worthwhile instead of chasing Fixed News' tail and trying to out-whacko them.  It has published the first found picture of Keith Bardwell.  This picture should hang in a Jim Crow museum somewhere.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment